Here is the current program as a PDF
- 10am - 5pm. Writers Seminar with Joan Vinge, Jan Frenkel and Kevin Maclean
- 10am - 5pm. Game Designer's Seminar hosted by Steve Jackson
- My First Con - A brief introduction to what happens at a SF&F convention
- Opening Ceremony
- Wizards Hat Party - a gathering of people, pointy hats, and cake. Chat and be merry
- Stargazing (if the weather is good). A conducted tour around the heavens. Should be at least one telescope present.
- Guest of Honour Speeches
- Faye Ringel - "Defending the West: Tolkien after 9/11" & "Renfaire World: Medievalism in Contemporary Pop Culture"
- Panels - featuring our GoHs and other experts:
- "The Seven Deadly Sins of SF"
- "Do Women Write Differently"
- Q & A session with Steve Jackson
- WETA Talk - hosted by Norman Cates
- Joss Weldon: Buffy, Angel, Firefly - hosted by Struan Judd
- Draw Your Character - Learn the basics - Hosted by Grant Preston and Alex Herbert
- Bawdy Tavern Songs - led by Faye Ringel, hopefully in the bar.
- Mystery Science Theatre 3000 - a bad movie with witty commentary
- 2010/2020 Time Capsule - Write down your predictions and read them years later - Hosted by Peter Hamilton
- Meet Philippa Ballantine, NZ Fantasy Author - Interview hosted by Simon Litten
- Board Gaming - held at any time during the Con
- Filking - Folk singing with familiar tunes but new words
- Masquerade - A display of costumes and skits from attendees - *prizes awarded*
- Banquet - Food, glorious food ... (Sunday $35 per person)
- Erotic Fiction - The Art of writing Erotic Fiction. Bring out the sensualist within.
- Buffy - A group discussion of various questions of sex/romance/relationship ethics, raised by, and using examples from, BTVS
- The Quiz - Random pieces of information are useful here
- Balloon Sculpturing - Pop goes the
weasel... I mean balloon dog
- SFFANZ business meeting
- SF&F Convention 2008 bidding/voting
- Closing Ceremony
Please contact us if you have any further suggestions, or if you'd like to run or help out with any events!